Friday, August 17, 2007

Review: Patti Smith @ the Pier


Now, It's mostly my mom and I that are the Patti Smith fans, but Di joined us the 16th of August to see Patti Smith, along with Mark, a family friend. Even she must admit, it was totally awesome, and not just when Patti played the song she wrote with Bruce Springsteen or when Flea came on. Patti is amazing live; she's still got it. It was a free concert, standing up for about 2 hours, but it was worth it to hear 'Gloria' live. And who doesn't like Lewis Carroll and Grace Slick? 'White Rabbit' was a great song to hear as well. I'm sure Di had a blast (Do unfortunately was at home, with the cats and the parents). My mom and I got there just in time for Patti to pull out her clarinet for a rendition of 'Are You Experienced?' that was awesome. For anyone out there who's never heard of Patti pick up a copy of Horses and Twelve and look for another concert. She just finished her tour, but see if you can catch her with her 2 kids, who play in the band. BONUS: Lenny Kaye is still with her and he's worth seeing. I met Lenny Kaye at the Amoeba show. He's a great guy. BUY TICKETS!!!

1 comment: